The Health Benefits of Goji Juice Explained
Goji, which is known as Lycium Barbarum in Latin, is a berry found in the Himalayas and has been held in high esteem throughout the ages for its nutritional benefits and health giving properties. This alkaline berry has been consumed in China and the Himalayan regions for close to 3000 years.
The nutritional benefits of Goji juice are being corroborated and confirmed by research and clinical studies. Studies with elderly people and those suffering from general debility have shown that consuming Goji juice can lead to a three-time increase in the T-cell transformation functions and the white cell interleukin-2 count can double. This opens up the possibilities of extracting even greater benefits from this berry, particularly for fighting tiredness, improving the working of the immune system, preventing the growth of free radicals, etc.
The key nutritional ingredients of Goji juice are the glyconutrients that provide eight essential sugars required by the human body for growth. The 22 phytonutrient compounds present in Goji juice facilitate intercellular communication.
The health benefits of Goji juice are enumerated below:
· Goji juice is a powerful antioxidant that counters premature ageing
· Increases resistance to disease
· Helps to regulate blood pressure
· Minimizes the risk of cancer by preventing DNA mutation, inhibiting growth of tumors, and by controlling the peroxidation of lipids
· Regulates blood-sugar during the early stages of diabetes
· Has a positive effect on vision, heart, relieves headaches and insomnia
· Regulates weight
· Promotes sexual health and improves fertility
· Helps digestion and memory functions
· Alleviates dry cough
The tremendous health-giving properties of Goji juice can be attributed to its composition; the Goji berry
· is rich in carotenoids such as beta carotene and vitamin C
· contains germanium, no other fruit is known to contain this mineral
· has four important polysaccharides, LBP1, LBP2, LBP3, and LBP4, which offer significant health benefits
· provides nineteen amino acids including the eight essential amino acids as well as up to 21 trace minerals including zinc, copper, selenium, phosphorous, etc
· has a protein content higher than wheat
· contains zeaxanthin, which is good for the eyes
· has B-complex vitamins as well as fatty acids
· provides Vitamin E, which is not found in many fruits, it is limited to nuts and seeds
· contains Cyperone, Beta-Sitosterol, Solavetivone, Physalin, linoleic acid, and Betaine; Beta-Sitosterol has anti-inflammatory properties, linoleic acid aids weight loss, betaine improves the health of the cardiovascular system
· has 11 mg of iron per 100 gm of fruit
Goji juice is available with several health stores and a lot of these have online shops. The recommended dosage is 2-4 ounces per day; however, there are no known side effects of exceeding the dosage. Most people are able to see and feel the positive effects of Goji juice within one month of regular consumption. The bottled juice sold by health stores should not contain artificial colors or sweetening agents. A one-liter bottle of Goji juice may contain the nutritional equivalent of two pounds of fresh Goji berries.
Shawn Peltzer recommends that you visit http://www.911healthshop.com/freelife-himalayan-goji-juice.html for more information on Goji juice.